The Resource The broken shore
- The broken shore
- Statement of responsibility
- Peter Temple
- Large type books
- trueMalicious accusation
- trueAustralian fiction
- Aboriginal Australians -- Fiction
- trueMurder investigation
- trueDetectives -- Australia
- Race discrimination -- Fiction
- trueMurder -- Australia
- trueRace relations -- Australia
- trueAboriginal Australians
- trueGuilt in men
- Murder -- Australia -- Fiction
- Australia -- Fiction
- Shaken by a scrape with death, big-city detective Joe Cashin is posted away from the Homicide Squad to a quiet town on the South Australian coast where he grew up. Carrying physical scars and not a little guilt, he spends his time playing the country cop, walking his dogs, and thinking about how it all was before. When a prominent local is attacked and left for dead in his own home, Cashin is thrust into a murder investigation. The evidence points to three boys from the nearby Aboriginal community; whom everyone wants to blame. But Cashin is unconvinced, and soon begins to see the outlines of something far more terrible than a simple robbery gone wrong
- Australian Book Industry Awards, General Fiction Book of the Year, 2006.
- Colin Roderick Award (Australia), 2005.
- Duncan Lawrie Dagger, 2007.
- Library Journal Best Books, 2007.
- Ned Kelly Award for Best Novel, 2006.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of The broken shore
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The broken shore
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://sara-hightower.library.link/resource/RdN5CGUtIp8/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://sara-hightower.library.link/resource/RdN5CGUtIp8/">The broken shore</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://sara-hightower.library.link/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://sara-hightower.library.link/">Sara Hightower Regional Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>